Hi there 👋
Timeular is on a mission to enable a more healthy and rewarding work-life for 10M+ people through better time management. 70,000 users have done so already. 🚀
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
For the first couple of months you'll be working on:
- Gaining confidence and familiarity with our stack and workflow
- Ship new features, remove unnecessary ones and solve bugs
- Guide our QA people to test your implementations
- Help discover issues to be tackled along the user journey
- Suggest solutions and improve the daily life of 10k+ people
- Help our support team in case they get stuck in a challenging support case
We know you can’t perform at your best from day one because everything is new and there is a lot of information to absorb first. That’s why you’ll get assigned an onboarding buddy right after joining Timeular to assist you while getting started with your new challenges and all the questions you might have along the way.
The minimum requirements are that you have already worked on at least one SaaS product with a couple thousand users as an engineer and that you're a great team player and communicator.
Curious about what's already in place stack-wise?
You will be working closely with our backend, frontend, eCommerce developers, and QA engineers using Electron, CSS, Typescript, React, React Native, Redux and Rust.
The main technologies for our backend-microservices are Kotlin and more recently, Rust. Our tech stack evolves over time, based on our needs and preferences and we also had services built with Node.js, Golang and Java in the past.
On the infrastructure side, we run Kubernetes on AWS for our cluster, Postgres for the data layer and RabbitMQ for events.
For provisioning and setup, we rely mostly on Ansible and Terraform. Regarding monitoring, we use Prometheus, Grafana and the ELK stack for logging.
We love to experiment with new technologies, when it makes sense, and are never afraid to try something new.
Our way to work
- 17 fully distributed people from 12 different countries and cultures. We do not discriminate based on any factor and are looking to increase our diversity even more.
- Communicate a lot asynchronously in written form without the urgency to
respond to everything immediately, mainly through Slack, Notion, and
- Direct, honest, and transparent culture.
- 40h workweek is enough, no nightshifts, plenty of uninterrupted time to focus
- Few meetings, meeting free Thursday, but lot's of opportunities to bond remotely.
- Respect time: we show up, deliver, and proactively communicate on time.
We respect everyone's private time unless there is a real
- Work when and where you want, as long as you can cover 13:00-17:00 CET (Rome) while still living a sustainable life outside of work.
- Meet 2-3 times a year in one place for a team retreat (during the pandemic, they've been virtual).
What we pay and offer you to live a healthy life outside of work
- The transparent salary for this role ranges between 68,000€ - 84,000€, depending on your experience, and your vacation days preference (see below)
- Also, based on your current city, the salary for the role can increase 10-20% for candidates living in expensive locations.
- After one year of working full-time at Timeular, you can participate in the employee stock option pool.
- Work where and when you want. You control your time.
- 50 days of paid holidays (including national holidays) because we've learned that time off is the best source for great ideas. If you don't want so many days off, you can choose to get 40 for +5% salary instead.
- Home office budget of up to 2000€, for you to set up or improve your working space.
- Three paid team retreats per year to spend an incredible time together discovering unique locations and fantastic food. All costs are covered. We've hosted them virtually during the pandemic, and it's still a lot of fun.
- Paid parental leave and flexibility to adapt your work schedule to your family schedule.
- Quarterly achieved company goals will be rewarded with up to 1000€/quarter to invest in your health, growth, and workplace.
About the application process
We don’t need resumes, we care about who you are today, what you have achieved so far, and where you want to go. And we don’t believe in time-consuming cover letters. We believe asking you specific questions is easier than writing a cover letter.
Our application process is pretty simple: we start by asking you a few questions in written form, you answer them the best you can, we read it and, if we like it, we jump on a call to get to know each other better. If that goes well, we do a test period so we both can verify our expectations and if we both agree, you’re in.
As we always get many applications, it might take some time till we get back to you after having evaluated all the applications but we will get back.
Make your time count with us,